Wednesday 7 July 2010

Second speed dating date

On Monday I went on another date with someone I met from the speed dating event.  To be honest I couldn't really remember this guy as I was a little drunk by the end of the speed dating night but in my notes I'd put "banker, nice guy" so I was hopeful.

Luckily he got to the bar where we were meeting first so recognised me as I walked in.  My first reaction was a little shock, but not expressed, as I did not remember that he was slightly over weight, first mark against him.  Anyway we order drinks and sat down and chatted.

I found him easy to talk to and he's was very open.  We talk about other dates we'd been on, I told him about my ex and how we still live together.  We move on to families and this is an area where I'm worried about as I describe my family as a functional dysfunctional family.  He then shocks me by telling me a story about only finding out his father wasn't his father three years ago, then finding his biological father last year and having about ten half brothers and sister between the three parents.  He beats me hands down here, tick in the yes box.

We move on to dinner where the conversation continues and it turns out that while he is 30 he's spent most of his sexual gay life as a single man besides one, two year relationship when he was 18, this compared to me being in three long term relationships through all my 20's and most of my 30's.

Then we went to see a movie, where I thought he might make his move. He didn't.  It was kind of awkward after the movie as I was heading home and i went to give him a kiss and it ended up as a peck on the cheek. Begining to understand why he's been single so long.  Despite this he's since called and texted me practically every day making it obvious he likes me.  The jury is out on my part - we are going to the cinema again next week so we'll see what happens.